1. What time do the boats leave and return?
- Offshore boats leave around 6:00AM we recommend being at the boat by 5:45AM. They return between 4:00-5:00PM. Inshore boats run from 7:00AM-11:30AM for their morning trip and 12:30PM-5:00PM for their afternoon trip.
2. How many people can go on the charter?
- Charter boats are limited to 6 passengers per Coast Guard regulations. A person counts as a passenger regardless of age or if they are fishing.
3. What to bring?
- Any items that you will need for your personal comfort: sunglasses(polarized for better water vision), sunscreen, food, drinks, hat. A small cooler is fine but space can be limited. Please be aware that it is illegal to buy alcoholic beverages before 7AM. Even in summer the morning run out can be cool so you may want a jacket as well.
4. What is included with our trip?
- All bait, tackle and licensing is covered in your charter fee. Food, drinks etc are not.
5. Do we tip the crew?
- Your mate is going to work hard for you all day. We recommend 15-20% of the cost of the trip
6. What is the marina's weather policy?
- Each Captain has their own weather policy but generally they will try to rebook you for a different day. If the Captain is unable to book you for another day they will refund your deposit.
7. What is the cancellation policy?
- If you find you are unable to make your fishing trip contact your Captain ASAP. The marina does not take cancellations they are handled directly with your Captain.
8. When do I need to have my deposit in?
- Your deposit is due within 10 days of the day you booked your trip. (If you call on Apr 1 to book for May 30 your deposit is due by Apr 11). Deposits by check or money order are made payable to the boat name. Please note the date of the trip in the memo.
- If you are making a reservation that is less than 10 days away you must make a deposit by credit card.
9. How can I get my fish cleaned?
- There is a separate fish cleaning service located at Hatteras Harbor. When you arrive back at the dock your fish will be collected and taken to be cleaned. Fees vary based on the type of fish. Your fish can be vacuum sealed, frozen, stored and shipped.
10. Where should I stay before and after my day of fishing?
- Right here at Hatteras Harbor of course! We have efficiencies rooms that over look the harbor.
11. What else is there to do?
- We have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world! Wind and water sports abound on the Outer Banks. Don't forget our famous "candy cane" Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. After you have checked out the T-shirts and gifts in our great marina store spend some time in Hatteras Village where you will find one of a kind items.
12. How will I get to fish on a make-up trip and who will it be with?
- Fishing is done on a rotational basis that is decided before fishing begins. Boats will be assigned the morning of your trip in the marina office.
1: Test question
1: Test question
Return To The Top